Friday, March 23, 2007

2006 Wisconsin Turkey Season

My 2006 Turkey Season ended with a bang!

Buffalo County, Wisconsin was AWESOME! Thanks to the team efforts of cameraman Lance Tangen, Mark Schuh and myself I bagged two turkey's in the same day! The first kill happened around 10:30 a.m when we headed to the woods after spotting a strutting tom with 5 hens in a weed field. The hunt happened so fast as we snuck up on the birds and quickly set up our decoy. The second the tom spotted it, he tucked his wings and jolted into the decoy giving me a 4 yard shot with my Thompson Center! As fast as the hunt ended my adrenaline was pumping so much that I took off after my bird in complete excitement to check out the awesome kill! Later on that afternoon, I decided to try and give my Mathews bow a shot! We set up on the ridge opposite of the one that I had just got the turkey on the morning of, and off we went! No later than we got the decoy, blind and camera set up, here they came! A hen was leading the group as they came walking past our decoy. Following closely behind was a beautiful tom! As soon as he spotted the decoy, he went into full strut! He circle around the decoy 2 times and I took my shot! Another Wisconsin turkey bagged with my Mathews! The hunts were short and sweet, but we had a great time! Thanks to Lance and Mark for a hunt of a lifetime!

No comments: